Posted on October 03, 2017 at 12:00 AM
The Ontario Fencing Association is looking for expressions of interest from interested clubs, sports complexes and venues to host the 2017-2018 Ontario Provincial Championships.
The minimum venue requirements to host the fencing events for the Ontario Provincial Championships are:
- 27,000 sqr feet of competition area (holding 24 competition strips)
- Available change rooms, washroom and showers
- Access to tables, chairs and electrical suppy
- Ease of access to load in/out of competition hosting materials (loading dock or large ground level doorway)
- Proximity to hotels and dining establishments beneficial
The ideal event date would occur over a 2 day weekend in March 2018 excluding March 3-4 (Ontario Winter Games).
The Ontario Fencing Association will manage the event including the setup and procurement of the hosting materials (strips, scoring etc), he host club is responsible for providing contact to an economically feasible venue that meets the needs of the competition. The OFA and host club will coordinate together on the administration, setup, and running of the competition.
Expressions of interest should be submitted to email@example.com no later than October 8th, 2017 at 5pm.