Please note the following updates based on the recent announcements from the Ontario Government, as well as new documents published by the Canadian Olympic Committee. The new Return To Play Protocol (Version 3) (中文版）) includes the following changes, highlighted in yellow.
1. The Province announced on Monday that Ontario will be partially moving to Stage 2, with a province-wide increase in gathering sizes to 10 people starting Friday, June 12th, 2020. This has been updated in the 5-Phase Return To Fencing section. Clubs are still recommended to remain in phase 1 for now.
2. Minor additions to add floors as a high-contact surface area that should also be sanitized and disinfected regularly, as well as language to include para-fencing.
3. The Canadian Olympic Committee’s legal partners have drawn up several waivers for clubs and organizations to use specifically for COVID-19. We have added two documents to the COVID19 Return to Play page:
a) a Sample Combined Facility/Remote Training Waiver for clubs to adapt and use. You should be receiving a version from your club soon to sign and return.
b) a Daily Declaration of Health document. This document provides a much broader scope than the Tracking Presence section of the OFA Return To Play Protocol, and as such we have updated this section of the Protocol. Members should:
1. Read and understand the document – we are working on translations, and will post them as soon as they are available.
2. During sign-in, verbally confirm that you have have read and understood the document, and agree with all points in the document.
3. Initial on the sign in sheet in the Declaration of Health column.
Step 3 was highly recommended by the legal team for the COC who developed this protocol. We do realize, however, that a writing utensil will be passed between individuals – please ensure that the writing utensil is disinfected after each use to minimize transmission!
The OFA appreciates all the hard work clubs and members have put in to remain engaged in these trying times. If you have yet to try our online sessions, there are still openings in the OFA virtual Strength & Conditioning, as well as Footwork sessions!
Stay safe and healthy!