The FIE is launching its 2019 FIE Coaching Academy in Budapest, Hungary. Each weapon course is 3 months in length, and the table below outlines key dates:
The CFF can nominate one person to attend each session of the Academy, however nomination does not guarantee a spot at the sessions.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a current Coach member of the OFA and CFF in good standing.
- Must hold a level-3 coaching diploma.
- Must have a university degree or be enrolled in a degree program.
- Must have at last seven (7) years of fencing coaching experience.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Must confirm that s/he will be a fencing coach in Canada for two years after graduating from the Budapest Academy.
- Must be eligible for a visa for Hungary if required. The Academy can help with an invitation letter if required.
- Must be in good physical condition.
The candidate will be responsible for his/her transportation to and from Budapest, and is expected to arrive the day before the start of the session date, and leave on the day after the completion of the session. The candidate must also be responsible for medical insurance and any other expenses incurred during the Academy beyond housing and meals.
For more information, please review the Budapest Academy Invitation Letter.
To apply, please provide the following documents to the Coaches Committee by November 12, 2018:
- The Complete Application for the session you wish to attend: FOIL, EPEE, and/or SABRE.
- A brief biography outlining your experience in the weapon, name and location of your clubs (current and past) you have coached at, and names of current and past coaches you have worked with.
- A University Diploma/enrollment record.
- A Doctor’s Certification indicating that you are in good health
- A copy of your passport. Please ensure that your passport expiry date is at least six months past your return date from the Academy.
- A recent colour photo of yourself.
The OFA Coaches Committee will review the applications and choose a candidate to be submitted to the CFF, and subsequently to the FIE. The FIE will make the final decision on admissions to the Academy by the date outlined above.