The Ontario Fencing Association is the Provincial governing body for fencing and as such is mandated by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Health Promotion, to represent all aspects of the Sport of Fencing in Ontario.
The OFA is mandated to:
- Provide structure and organization for all members and participants
- Establish and maintain technical standards for the sport of fencing in the Province
- Establish a Provincial Competition system that complies with the principles of the National Long Term Athlete Development Model for Fencing
- Lead Coaches and Officials Education and Certification Programs
- Provide a model for Athlete Development within the Province of Ontario that is consistent with the National Long Term Athlete Development Model for Fencing.
- Provide a communications system for all participants and the community ie. Website, bulletins, mailing lists etc.
- Deliver Major Games programs and ensure that all athletes have equal access.
- Provide leadership and co-ordination to our regional partners in promoting and developing the sport of fencing
- Be the provincial voice of fencing and represent Ontario nationally