Competition Age Categories:
Please refer to the CFF guidelines for all competition age categories and specifications. The age categories are defined as of December 31 of the current licensed year (August 1- July 31). Briefly, they are the following:
|U13||any athlete Under 13 years old|
|U15||any athlete Under 15 years old|
|U17/Cadet||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 17 years|
|U20/Junior||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 20 years old|
|U23||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 23 years old|
|Senior||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old|
|Veteran||any athlete 40 years or older|
OFA Event Sanction Program
The OFA has updated the criteria and process for event sanctioning. Please review the new policy found here>>
OFA Event Sanction Application Process
The OFA Sanction Application Process has migrated to an online form and payment process only. Clubs or event managers are to follow this new process as described:
Complete the OFA Sanction Request Form with the following documents:
- OFA Event Sanction Program Appendices.
- Emergency Action Plan (EAP) (see sample here>>).
- Event Floor Plan document.
Note: All files must be in PDF format to be uploaded into the system.
OFA Sanctioned Tournament Specifications
The OFA Competitions Committee has prepared a document covering event hosting best practices to aid in the hosting of OFA sanctioned events. Please review the recommendations in the OFA Sanctioned Tournament Sepecifications.
OFA Tournament Results Submission
To see past event results, please refer to our OFA Competition Results page.
CFF Tournament and Domestic Results Submission
The CFF Tournament sanction application form offers the following:
- Having your event posted on the CFF Website (we recommend sending it in at least 1 week ahead of time to promote viewership on our website’s calendar, but the earlier the better! Please allow 2 business days from submission to have your event posted.) You can also submit this form to have clinics, symposiums, fundraising events and/or any other fencing related event you are hosting that you want to be, posted in the calendar.
- In the case of a tournament, if your event meets the criteria you can have the results added to our Domestic Rankings.
The CFF Tournament results submission form is used for:
- Payment for each event ranking file.
- Please note that the first event is “discounted” (as it was paid for in the Sanction Application Form).
A number of reference documents on event hosting can be found on the CFF website under “Event and Results,”