The OFA Event Sanction Program aims to ensure minimum standards of organization and safety are met for all events sanctioned by the OFA, including but not limited to competitions, camps, and clinics. OFA sanction is required for all events, including those hosted within OFA programs, that involve participation of members from multiple clubs.
The OFA has updated the criteria and process for event sanctioning as of August, 2021. Please review the new policy found here>>
The OFA Sanctioned Tournament Specifications document can be found here.
Sample Liability Waiver can be found here. The OFA Daily Attestation Form can also be used to collect attendee information for contact tracing purposes.
OFA Event Sanction Application Process
The OFA Sanction Application Process has migrated to an online form and payment process only. Clubs or event managers are to follow this process as described:
- Read through the OFA Return to Competition Protocol.
- Complete the R-CAT Risk Assessment Tool, and score “Medium Risk”, “Low Risk”, or “Very Low Risk”.
- Complete the OFA Tournament Sanction Request Form or OFA Event Sanction Request Form (for clinics/camps/special events) with the following documents:
- OFA Event Sanction Program Appendices (Tournament only)
- Emergency Action Plan (EAP) (see sample here>>).
- Event Floor Plan
- Schedule of Events
Note: All files must be in PDF format to be uploaded into the system.
Completed applications will be sent to the Competitions Committee for review and approval/recommendations.
OFA Sanctioned Tournament Specifications
The OFA Competitions Committee has prepared several documents summarizing event hosting best practices to aid in the hosting of OFA sanctioned events. Please review the recommendations in the OFA Return to Competition Protocol and OFA Sanctioned Tournament Specifications.
OFA Tournament Results Submission
Please submit results in HTML format (or provide the link to your results) to firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit results for Domestic Rankings, please follow CFF guidelines.
To see past event results, please refer to our OFA Competition Results page.
Competition Age Categories:
Please refer to the CFF guidelines for all competition age categories and specifications. The age categories are defined as of December 31 of the current licensed year (August 1- July 31). Briefly, they are the following:
|U13||any athlete Under 13 years old|
|U15||any athlete Under 15 years old|
|U17/Cadet||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 17 years|
|U20/Junior||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 20 years old|
|U23||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old and under 23 years old|
|Senior||any athlete who is a minimum of 13 years old|
|Veteran||any athlete 40 years or older|
CFF Tournament and Domestic Results Submission
The CFF Tournament sanction application form offers the following:
- Having your event posted on the CFF Website (we recommend sending it in at least 1 week ahead of time to promote viewership on our website’s calendar, but the earlier the better! Please allow 2 business days from submission to have your event posted.) You can also submit this form to have clinics, symposiums, fundraising events and/or any other fencing related event you are hosting that you want to be, posted in the calendar.
- In the case of a tournament, if your event meets the criteria you can have the results added to our Domestic Rankings.
The CFF Tournament results submission form is used for:
- Payment for each event ranking file.
- Please note that the first event is “discounted” (as it was paid for in the Sanction Application Form).
A number of reference documents on event hosting can be found on the CFF website under “Event and Results,”